Thursday, January 25, 2007

State of the Union BLAH!

I begrudgingly half-listened to the State of the Union address last night, but I wished I hadn't been working so I could have played the State of the Union Address Drinking Game 2007! Nevertheless, in all seriousness, after every single statement Bush made I recall feeling very strange and either rolling my eyes or saying "are you serious?" or "as if!" -- Not that I expected anything, but there's always that hope that something crazy will happen. I feel like I'm living a dystopian nightmare that I can't wake up from. The most notable omission, I think, was New Orleans and Gulf Coast recovery... from b.rox.com:
I’m not really surprised. It’s kind of like getting kicked in the teeth in slow motion. You see the boot coming toward your face, you know it’s going to hurt, and there’s nothing you can do. You’re already lying on the barroom floor, beaten to a bloody pulp, so one more kick in the teeth doesn’t even really matter. It doesn’t even hurt anymore. It’s more disappointing than anything else.

No comments: