Monday, January 29, 2007

Misc. Monday

  1. My favorite sunny day songs:
    "We'll Sing in the Sunshine" -- Bobby Bare & Skeeter Davis
    "Sunny Day" -- St. Thomas

  2. It was so cold this weekend that I could feel the air biting deep in my lungs. I felt somewhat immobilized by it, but this morning I woke up resolved not to let it keep me inside. I took Toby on a run and was amazed by how good it felt to move fast through the cold air and breathe it in with purpose.

  3. Although the news continues to be disheartening on many levels, I found myself very excited this morning to hear Maxine Waters on Democracy Now speaking at an anti-war rally emphatically shouting these words to a cheering crowd:
    My name is Maxine Waters, and I’m not afraid of George W. Bush. My name is Maxine Waters, and I’m not intimidated by Dick Cheney. My name is Maxine Waters, and I I helped to get rid of Rumsfeld. My name is Maxine Waters, and Condi Rice is nothing but another neocon, and she doesn't represent me!

  4. Currently reading: The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers. I'll elaborate more when I finish, but so far it's an amazing story.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Heart is a Lonely Hunter is one of my favorites! Soooo good.

also, i left my house this morning with a scarf wrapped completely around my head. it's so cold!

Unknown said...

corinna! why aren't you updating your blaaaaaghhhh? i miss it.

elgranchaco said...

read this article. it will cheer you up.

tony pointless loves jt-lake

C.L.M. said...

Kevin,
That article is amazing!!
R.A.M.B.O. + JT 4EVA!