Tuesday, July 31, 2007

There is a book at the library that someone thinks is funny.

It is called An Insect's Life. They said isn't it funny, an insect probably has such a boring life.

But then I was drinking coffee out of a jar on a ledge outside of this same library and an ant crawled into the creamy brown liquid.

At first I thought it was a leaf and I just drank around it.

But then I noticed that its legs were moving and I got freaked out and rescued it with my coffee stirrer (I had stolen it from the cafe).

The ant ran away, drenched in coffee.

I didn't know that Ball State in Muncie Indiana was founded on money from the Ball mason jar company.

But then someone was saying trivial facts about Indiana and I found out.

My friend is researching Ball Lightning, I have no idea what it is, but it sounds exciting.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you need to come to the learning guild (or whatever) meeting to learn about ball lightning. i have only read 15 pages about antarctica but you won't believe all the trivial facts i can share already.

an insect's life is probably more interesting than whoever was saying that about the book. consider the time:productivity ratio!

Anonymous said...

hey as always i find your blog interesting, funny, factual, and entertaing (all in a good way) just wanted to say hell-o and i miss you!!
where ya gonna be like around dec 26,7,8ish? still what to swing by and hang and im thinking that's when ill do it!!! hope yer well saw the boat pictures looked really fun what was that smeared all over dustin? take care
PicKLes

Anonymous said...

ball lightning is an atmospheric phenomena associated with thunderstorms...imagine a ball shaped (about the size of a baseball or basketball) orb of lightning that floats around in an unpredictable pattern. it can kill animals and boil water. i have plenty of other facts about it if you need it.
thanks for the direction, Ms Librarian.